JP RIBS is a new company founded in New Zealand by superyacht captain Jonathan Edgar and his father Phil. The aim is to craft a line of custom RIBs built to superyacht standard-finish whilst delivering high performance.
The product line is crafted by hand on the north coast of New Zealand and the company claims its vessels are capable of reaching speeds of up to 50kt.
“We wanted to bring back the eye for detail that comes with hand-crafting and couple it with high-performance to create a bespoke tender package,” explains Jonathan Edgar.
“We avoid a mass production approach, ensuring every tender is designed to the client’s specifications,” he adds.
Performance is important to the duo, with Phil and Jonathan’s passion for design and style, and Jonathan’s 14-year career in the superyacht industry influencing his approach taken to guest comfort and performance.
Standard features example
- Hull – 7.25m (customised)
- Custom console, bow and stern moulding
- Custom modular options
- Centre console drive station and storage
- 8.5m custom hyperon tubes (carbon look)
- 13m dual wheel braked trailer
- Carbon roof and pillars
- 250 litre stainless steel fuel talk
- 50 litre fresh water tank
- Flush mounted dash and custom arrangement
- Hand-laid teak deck
- High quality upholstery
- Stainless steel aft towing points
- Fire extinguisher
- Boarding ladder
- Custom deck hatch with optional dive gear storage