Superyacht Business‘ sister title has reported that Azimut-Benetti, the Ferretti Group and Baglietto, three Italian shipyards that account for over 60% of the sector’s total turnover, have joined forces to support UCINA, the country’s marine industry association.
Following the difficulties of the last few months, the three companies will work together in a constructive way in order to build continuity, a stronger identity and bring strength to the association.
The three companies have declared a strong commitment in order to work on the following goals:
- Compactness of the association
- Proportional representation of all segments within UCINA
- Promotion of the Italian boating industry as symbol of Made in Italy, high quality and image
- Continuation of the Genoa Boat Show
- Qualified dialogue with the Ministry of Economic Development in order to promote exports
- Appointment of a professional Secretary General, neutral and independent, who will represent and interact with all segments
- Update of the Charter, to mirror the real interests of the companies and the aforementioned principles.
Following these new principles, Baglietto chairman Beniamino Gavio has declared his intention to join UCINA as an active associate.