A new branch of the yacht equipment supplier Gremco has opened in St Mandrier, France. The new industrial facility is located in the harbour area, at the heart of the new Marine Activity Pole of St Manrier, right at the entrance of the Toulon Bay.
The site has been designed and equipped to provide a complete set of rigging services for large sailing yachts.
- There is a dedicated mast storage area 100m from the quay in shipyard IMS700.
- There is a dedicated rigging workshop of 380m squared, swaging cables of 44mm, cold heading rods from all major brands, 23m of preparation bench, machine shop, customisation and repair of mechanical parts, repair bench for hydraulic equipment and systems, full range of performance ropes from Armare, rope splicing and leather work.
Gremco’s main activities involve:
- Fabrication, repair and maintenance of rigging for all types of classic and modern sailing yachts.
- Installations, maintenance and repair of “comfort non board” equipments (sanitary, water treatment, on-board electronics) for all types of yachts (sailing and motor yachts)
- Technical control and certification of cranes, slings, safety rails on board yachts of all types.
Gremco was founded in Antibes in 1978 and historically specialised in rigging refits and repairs for large sailing yachts. The company says the St Mandrier site perfectly supplements the technical capabilities and geographical coverage of the Antibes and Mandelieu operations.