Dutch shipyard Moonen expands its portfolio and develops five new models to join the Martica and Martinique yachts in its Caribbean series. The portfolio now comprises seven models ranging from 26-50m (85ft-162ft).
Moonen Shipyards in the Netherlands has presented the full line up of its Caribbean series. Following on from the first Matica yacht launched and the first Martinique under construction, the Dutch shipyard has develp[ed five new models to join its Moonen Caribbean series. The portfolio now comprises seven models ranging from 25-50m (85ft-162ft).
Dorien Bilterijst, Moonen communication manager, comments: “2016 has been a successful year for Moonen. The most logical step is to build bigger yachts and therefore we are concentrating on the two yachts up from the Martinique. These are the Marquis and Monito.”
Created by Rene van der Velden, the designs of the Caribbean line showcase a modern twist on the classic Moonen look.
Moonen says all seven models benefit from seakeeping performance, low fuel consumption, very low noise and vibration, exquisite finishing, low operational costs and a high resale value.
“The many options for customising the interior and facilities are another major advantage of the Caribbean line,” the company says.
All seven yachts are long-range cruisers.
- At nearly 26m (85ft) the new Marina yacht offers accommodation for eight guests in four cabins.
- The Montserrat is somewhat longer at around 30m (100ft) and also carries eight guests.
- The Matica is a raised pilothouse yacht of 30m (100ft) with a very distinctive stern. It has five cabins for ten guests.
- The Mustique also offers accommodation for ten guests in five suites, but in nearly 32m (112ft).
- The Martinique is approximately 36m (120ft) and features five suites for 10 guests.
- The Marquis has six suites, offering accommodation for 12 guests in a nearly 40m yacht (140ft).
- With 49.5m (162ft), Monito is the largest model in the Caribbean series. Her design comprises six guest suites.
The Monito concept is Moonen’s response to requests for the largest Caribbean without going over 500gt.
Designed to Lloyds and MCA, Monito is a fast displacement motoryacht featuring a round bilge hull built in high tensile steel. This allows for a top speed of 18.5 knots and a cruising speed of 16 knots, Moonen says.